The famous one
LEVEL 7
Admins
Wing commander
Thunder dragons squadron leader
Major
Thunder dragons
Squad member
Depending on the number of INs, we will either to this mission --> https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302420/

or the Carrier ops we did week or two ago (take-off from carrier, do Air Sweep + SEAD, then CAP + Ground attack --> bombing the terrorist base)
Spanker_1534537014.png
Posted Jan 6, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 6, 19
[Thunder dragons]
Votes:
+15
Apprentice
LEVEL 1
First Lieutenant
Thunder dragons
IN
Posted Jan 6, 19
[Birds of prey]
Votes:
+93
The experienced one
LEVEL 4
Admins
Major
Birds of prey
The mover
IN
BXb2hQb.png
Posted Jan 6, 19
[Birds of prey]
Votes:
+3
Second Lieutenant
Birds of prey
IN

but its 2019 already
Posted Jan 6, 19
Agree
List
Undo
[Birds of prey]
Votes:
+93
The experienced one
LEVEL 4
Admins
Wing commander
Birds of prey squadron leader
Major
Birds of prey
IN
OgvqaQS.png
Posted Jan 6, 19
[Birds of prey]
Votes:
+9
First Lieutenant
Birds of prey
IN
suZsLwV.jpg
Posted Jan 6, 19
[Birds of prey]
Votes:
+156
Professor
LEVEL 5
Admins
Major
Birds of prey
Contributive member
Counselor
Out, I have guests
KIsvJjj.png
Posted Jan 6, 19
[Thunder dragons]
Votes:
+403
The famous one
LEVEL 7
Admins
Wing commander
Major
Thunder dragons
Squad member
pvp tacview
Attached Files
You must login to download files.

Spanker_1534537014.png
Posted Jan 6, 19 · OP
[Thunder dragons]
Votes:
+403
The famous one
LEVEL 7
Admins
Wing commander
Major
Thunder dragons
Squad member
Debrief

1st fight:

Blue team:
Spanker --> lost the SA of where is Bull and didn't use the map to find him (we need this datalink so bad) which cost Bull a life and got us a lost round. While Spartan was chasing me, I should've went more for defensive and either try to make him fire all his missiles or somehow turn for the mountains and lose him there.

Bull --> lost the track of Asskicker_1 and broke the formation which costed us a round. Second thing, you popped flare instead of chaff, to dodge the Active Radar (120C) missile. And Germ's R77 also hit you xD

Blitz --> you were right where you were supposed to be which is great, you almost flanked them (if Bull and I were slower, you would flank them). But your bad defensive maneuvers cost you a life. You popped only 3 chaff to dodge Aim-120C that was fired on you from 14nm. You need more than that to lose that missile. Look at the TacView again and take a look at the guys who successfully dodged the missiles and compare it so you do better next time :))

Red team:
Mad Dog --> the fight itself was with no mistakes that I can see (maybe some1 can find you a mistake, if you do post it here xD ). The formation / tactic was not that good though. I don't know what was you plan. You either broke the formation ( like Bull and I) or you went with the wrong tactic (Germ should have been much more to the front so you don't get yourself alone and too close to the bandits). That did cost you a life as you were alone in the AO and I just fired few missiles on you as there was no1 to cover you.

Germ --> Idk about formations, was it your goal or not, but however I would say it was a bad idea. You biggest mistake is that after you fired R77, during the heat of the battle, you were flying in a straight line for 1 minute without doing anything (offensive / defensive) and got a missile at the end. Is it because of bad SA or laziness or something else, idk, but I do know that you are in Thunder Dragons so it doesn't actually matter that much. But, next time, try to be more active in a battle.

Spartan --> You did everything good (formation, offensive, defensive) until you fired a missile on the wreckage. Now was that Mad Dog's wreckage or Bull's I can't tell, but if you did recognize it was a dead plane, you could have got the chance to take me down before I even find you (you were in a perfect spot to fire on me). Later on you just chased me, and that was all good ;)

2nd fight:

before I start with debriefings, I wanna tell you this --> check the TacView again and look at the whole situation on 01:00:40 . The red team did a so called "Single side offset". We noticed your tactic and wanted to drag out the guy that was most to the south and fight him 3 vs 1. Which we did but lost him too fast...

Blue team:
Mad Dog --> You did put yourself in a bad position, but were lucky enough to survive and shot down Bull xD When we got into a close fight, it was almost impossible for you to win. F18 can out-turn F15 and we had HMD + Aim-9x so it's normal that you lose. If you won, that would be cool though

Germ --> you didn't fire a single missile. During the heat of the battle, you were flying in a straight line. Now, if that was Mad Dog's decision, that is his mistake. But if he did let you know that he found the bandits and told you where they were without telling you to not engage them (you are in MiG29, that is intercept plane, not a2g. your objective is very clear), in that case you did cost your flight a lot. And if you were more aggressive, you could have won.

Each pilot makes a huge difference and each mistake costs not just the guy who did that mistake, but the whole flight. Try to be more aggressive and fire more missiles on other guys. Also, try not to fly in a straight line. If you don't see anybody, turn somewhere, change your radar scanning zone or just turn back and escape (but let your flight know what you are doing).

Spartan --> You did it all good, again. Very nice. Unluckily Blitz got on you and it was over for you before you even got the missile. Now, how to win in this situation (which is sometimes impossible unless you are very very lucky) is either hide somewhere in the mountains or call a friendly pilot to help you or just dodge all the missiles and enter a dogfight

Red team:
Spanker --> I let Mad Dog go (hoping that Blitz will take him down) but it was obviously a mistake. We need to work a bit more on those comms so we know better who is changing/switching targets.

Bull --> you were unlucky, but you did fire missiles on Germ even though you got hit by AMRAAM, which is excellent man ;) GG. On the other side, you should've expected a missile from your right side and take a look towards right sometimes, just to look for the missile trails.

Blitz --> your 1st missile wasn't tracking anybody. If you fire a missile blindly, say it on the comms. I was pretty sure that was going to hit Mad Dog or at least give him trouble. Also, you (we) didn't finish him, and that was a bad thing. Killing Spartan was very nice. You went for him, Bull and I took the Germ down. GG. Formation was also good, radar management and everything else.

That's it.

Ultimate conclusion: Communication was too lazy during some situations. Even though you are in a fight, you have to say where are you (just read the BRA from the radar page) and let other guys know that you are too busy as you are in a fight. Leader calls "Flight status" (or just asks you where are you, what are you doing and similar). You answer "My bra X/Y from bulls, merged". On the other side, you are just learning and I know it's a lot of stuff you have to keep a track of so don't take this as spanking, it's just a goal that we are trying to accomplish. Once your energy management gets automatic (like driving a car) and SA gets much better, you will be able to communicate during all situations.

Germ, get more aggressive and active in a fight. Blitz, work on those defensive maneuvers. Bull, learn to fly on high altitudes xD Mad Dog, take more care of the tactics (it's OK, actually it's wanted that you change them during the flight just to counter the bandits). On the second fight, you would win if you did the "hot-cold" (you went defensive, let Spartan and Germ to fight us, then flanked us and kill us all). But, because of your luck and my bad decisions, it did turn out good for you xD Spartan, you good bro hahah

GG
Spanker_1534537014.png
Posted Jan 7, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 7, 19
List
Undo
Top Posters
236 Posts
177 Posts
145 Posts
115 Posts
NoticeNotices